||Baby Massage Course
Irene Forsyth, Qualified Infant Massage Teacher (CRB checked)
Teaching this course privately is not a problem as I have conducted private lessons and group lessons in people's homes, as a necessary part of my course work. I later had the pleasure of teaching privately on several occasions in people's homes when they wanted one-to-one teaching owing to a disability or time restrictions. It's totally up to you when you would like the course to begin. I will let you decide, but please let me know soon after the birth of your child, or earlier, so that I can block the weeks out for you in my diary. At that time it is also necessary for the cost of the Pre-Visit and 3 weeks to be paid in advance.
The cost for private tutition is £37.50 per class, plus the Pre-Visit, which totals £150.
What the cost includes:
Meeting you both before the birth of your child (optional), time and travel costs, the Pre-Visit meeting which will include the patch test to assess and discuss suitable oils to use, completion of the Confidential Health Form which will highlight any contraindications and a Risk Assessment. The Pre-visit takes place the week before the 3 week course commences. The 3 baby massage classes afterwards (each week we learn to massage a different part of the body), the baby massage oil, the photocopies of all the strokes learnt each week, and a certificate is also included.
What you will have learnt at the end of the course:
- Have an understanding of the different type of oils that can be used, and which oils to avoid
- Be able to confidently massage your baby
- Be aware of all the benefits of massaging each part of the body as a whole, and which areas to avoid when massaging
- Have an understanding of your baby's verbal and non-verbal cues
- Be able to bond with your baby better
- Learn how to be able to support your baby to self-calm, how to help relieve colic, teething, reduce symptoms of colds and bowel problems
- How to help baby sleep deeper, longer and be a happier baby!
Massage Strokes to be Learnt (at your home):
If you would like me to teach you privately, just let me know. Also, If you know any other mums or dads whom you would like to join your classes, in your own home, then the effective cost per person decreases with each parent attending. If you would like to know more about this programme, then please ask.
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Legs/Feet and Tummy
- Week 3
- Chest & Arms, Head/Face. Recap Legs/Feet and Tummy
- Week 4
- Back Massage. Recap Legs, Tummy, Chest/Arms, Head &Face